SEEK, the online job portal has recently revealed the advertised top five high paying industries and jobs in Australia.
The nation’s top 5 paying industries are:
- Mining, resources and energy with a mean salary of AUD $115,005
- Consulting and strategy with a mean salary of AUD $108,471
- Construction with a mean salary of AUD $106,693
- Engineering with a mean salary of AUD $103,247
- IT and communications with a mean salary of AUD $102,548
The nation’s top paying jobs:
According to SEEK, two thirds of Australians have a family member who is dissatisfied with their job. They have also reported that almost 43% of the workforce in Australia are considering a career change.
Looking for a career change or new job opportunities within the nation’s most expanding industries?
We are looking for candidates currently in Australia in the Architecture, Construction and Engineering industries.
SEEK research also uncovered the age and number of times Australian workers had made career changes. Learn more about our career advice for 2017.
The age of Australian workers when they made a career change:
- 78% aged between 55 to 64 years
- 62% aged between 35 to 54 years
- 43% aged between 18 to 34 years
The number of times Austrian workers changed careers:
- 38% of Australians made one career change
- 29% two career changes
- 33% made three career changes
Looking for a job in recruitment?
Join an exciting company with a relaxed working environment in one of the biggest
expanding industries in Australia.
Design and Construct are looking for recruitment consultants in either Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane to work within our expanding divisions of Construction, Architecture, Health & Safety or Property & Real Estate. There is an excellent relocation package from the UK for those looking to progress their career and join one of Australia’s leading recruitment specialists.
SEEK. 2017. Retrieved 10 March 2017 from