The Australia Benchmark Report
A benchmark report by Austrade, The Australian Trade Commission provides data demonstrating why there is no better place than Australia to do business. The report examines five key reasons for investing in Australia; Growth, Innovation, Talent, Location and Business and then compares with other countries.
- A resilient economy in its 25th year of uninterrupted annual growth.
- Australia's economic resilience and potential provide a safe, low-risk environment in which to do business.
- The Australian economy supports high levels of productivity and the economy is rated AAA.
- Australia is committed to innovation and science and Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) ranks them in the top 1% of the world's scientific institutions.
- Is supportive of high-quality research outcomes and entrepreneurial activity and is rated fifth in a ranking of the world's top 200 universities by five key subject fields.
- As a country it is recognised for research and development, economic prosperity, competitiveness and job creation.
- The Australian labour force is one of the most educated, multicultural and multilingual in the world; 40% of its workforce holds a tertiary qualification.
- Ranked ninth in the world for the talent of the people it produces, attracts and retains.
- The country has experienced a sustained period of labour productivity growth exceeding growth in real wages.
- Australia has an open trade economy and longstanding trade, investment and cultural ties with the Asia-Pacific region.
- Top trading partners with China, Japan, USA, South Korea and Singapore, with trading of $664 billion in 2014.
- Foreign investment totalled almost $3 trillion as of June 2015.
- A good place to do business with more than 21,000 foreign companies registered in Australia.
- Australia's political stability and regulatory framework provide investors with confidence and security.
- For seven years in a row, Australia has been ranked in the global top five on the Index of Economic Freedom.
The report provides a great range of facts and figures about Australia. Having a highly educated labour force, with a strong legal framework and political stability has meant that the country has achieved 25 years of consecutive growth. It has also remained a key investment destination for businesses, whilst building strong ties with Asia.
Looking to invest in Australia and need skilled workers to get your project off the ground? Design & Construct has been trading for over 12 years and have offices in key locations throughout Australia.
Design & Construct attract and retain the talent you need
Looking to invest in Australia and need skilled workers to get your project off the ground? Design & Construct has been trading for over 12 years and have offices in key locations throughout Australia. Contact the team today to discuss any of your recruitment needs.