More than 42,300 employers in 43 countries participated in this year’s 11th annual Talent Shortage Survey by the Manpower Group. In Australia, 38% of the firms surveyed revealed that they had difficulty in filling vacancies due to talent shortages.
However, this is not just the case in Australia; the report found that in 2016, 40% of employers globally also stated that they are having difficulty filling positions.
Topjobs |The main difficulties employers face in finding talent:
- available applicants
- technical proficiencies
- looking for more pay than is offered
- workplace skills
The top 10 jobs in demand reported by the Manpower Group are:
- Skilled trades - electricians, carpenters, welders, bricklayers, plasterers, plumbers, masons
- Engineers - mechanical, electrical and civil engineers
- Management - senior and board level managers
- Sales - sales executives, advisors and retail sales
- IT Personnel - developers, programmers, administrators and IT managers
- Accounting & finance staff - bookkeepers, accountants and financial analysts
- Doctors and other non-nursing health professionals
- Technicians - production, operations or maintenance technicians
- Secretaries - PAs, receptionists, administrative assistants & Office support staff
- Drivers - truck, lorry, heavy goods, delivery, heavy equipment and construction drivers
Looking for your next role? Design and Construct is a recruitment agency dedicated to the construction environment.